Doherty PIC have had a long history with Small Self-Administered Schemes (SSAS’s). We have been key participants in designing and installing SSAS schemes for over 30 years in Northern Ireland. As we continue to set up new schemes and take over existing schemes, the SSAS department is a thriving hub of activity and is a huge growth area in our business.
What is a SSAS?
A SSAS is an occupational pension scheme set up under trust with fewer than 12 members. Private and family run businesses set up a SSAS for the benefit of the owner, Company Directors and family members who are employees.
A SSAS is registered with HMRC and so benefits from the usual generous tax reliefs afforded to pension schemes are available. They are also highly tax efficient, offering superior investment capabilities and flexibility.
A day in the life of a SSAS Administrator.
You would be working in conjunction with the SSAS Specialist on designated schemes to carry out the following:
- Day to day running of Small Self-Administered Schemes including:
- Maintain accurate record keeping of schemes
- Setting up of new Schemes including HMRC registration
- Takeover of an existing Schemes
- Scheme Returns
- Dealing with investments including property purchase, borrowings and loan back
- New members
- Transfers Out
- Provide inhouse and client technical support
You would be working closely with multiple external and internal parties to include HMRC and third parties such as trustees and solicitors.
Full training and support to attain further exams and progression within the Company will be available.